« Home | I've been working tonight on some of the guitar pa... » | It begins » 

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Rebuke the uke?

So we've got a potential song for the next record... a bit of a "departure". I hate that term. It's like we're on a very strict path and we accidently went off the road and fell in a bear pit and the drummer has to throw down a rope made of vines and I've got some cuts from the spikes at the bottom of the bit and some of us have poison ivy and...

Anyway.

How crazy do we get with the instrumentation? Last album we stayed pretty close to the two guitars/bass/drums arrangements... with a few exceptions. "Completely", for example. 7 guitars at one point. "Prove My Love" - lots of stuff.

So this one song needs a ukelule. Seriously, a uke. I have one. A pretty good one. Could be really really really corny. Could be incredibly awesome.

I don't think I'll have the nerve to record it. But I'm practicing just in case...

-Dave

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment