« Home | Rebuke the uke? » | I've been working tonight on some of the guitar pa... » | It begins » 

Thursday, October 06, 2005

It's that time of year again !

Time for family fun, food, games and rides at the Butler County Fair ....... (car tires screech .... record scratch) Crap ! Don't you hate it when you have a song or commercial stuck in your head ? You try anything to get it out and move on, but yet it stays ... like a Mother-in-Law over staying her welcome ... like a party guest that just won't leave ... "ALL I WANT TO DO IS GO TO BED AND WATCH THE FAMILY GUY !

Ok ... now that my rant is over ... Man am I pumped. So much is happening. Finally making headway with remodeling my home, work is steady and the Mimes heading back into the studio for album #2. Austin and I sat around yesterday (and really the past couple of months since he agreed to help us out) throwing out ideas how to do "this and that" differently this time around. Austin is a great engineer with a degree from Full Sail (a school designed around engineering music) and I'm lucky to get to work with him everyday here at Sonic Arts. It's great to be able to sit around during down times and just tech talk. With this album, it will give us both a chance to do things that we talked about doing for years now. Austin is from England and as you well know, the Brits "think" differently (which is a good thing by all means) ... so we will have a fresh perspective on all the new stuff. I think musically this album will be better just due to the fact that it's been the same lineup for the past year and we all had a hand in each track from the beginning. Though most of the songs again are mainly written by Dave, he really pushed us this time 'round to add our own ideas on top of his ... musically and lyrically.

So here we go. Life is good. And I get to play music with my buds ... what more can I ask for. I have so much more to write ... but no more for now ... I have "Bowling Balls for fingers" when it comes to typing. I do hope you enjoy our lil' blog, but more important ... that you are as excited as us with the new material.

All things Mimes
Randy

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment