« Home | SuperDave IS super ! Again ? » | Pretty darn soon now » | There can't be much more... can there? » | Harmonicas & Ukuleles » | Dribbling on myself... » | Life amongst the hermit crabs... » | Peace & Love & Randy » | Fruit & alcohol... » | Attack of the Sci-Fi Keyboard Effect » | SuperDave IS super ! » 

Friday, September 14, 2007

Trouble Brewin'? Pass me some!

Last night was a hum-dinger (a phrase which has sadly fallen from grace lately) of a rehearsal. We concentrated on new songs, even though we're sitting on the best album ever made of our previous "new songs"... oh well, that's the problem with just how awesome we are.

*cough*

Anyway, we worked on "Strawberries & Beer" a bit, but not TOO much. Best to keep things loose with this song. Looking forward to hitting the MidPoint Music Festival crowd with this one.

After that I started strumming an unfinished idea I had been struggling with for a few months. Great verse... but I wasn't quite sure how to get into the chorus. Luckily, Jim, Randy & Preston liked the idea a lot and we started banging on it until we had a rough song in good shape. It's a very emotional song with lots of tension & release (much like my back, but without the lack of tension - take that editors!). After an hour of jammin' and one broken string, we were feelin' pretty good about it. It has one of my favorite lyrics for it's opening line - "I feel there's trouble brewing, I want to take a sip". I was happy with that one.

We moved on to Everybody Knows Everybody Else, a song about religious types trying to impose their faith on you. Yer either wid us or aggin' us! *sigh* Not exactly undisturbed ground, I know, but I think it's a lyric that I'm very proud of and it really sums up my journey of the last year of trying to find a rational group of adults to discuss spiritual matters with. To sum up - I haven't! But I have alienated quite a few of them.

An exhausting night of un-airconditioned fun. We talked about religion, sex, ballads of the 80's, sex, the Reds, sex... pretty normal night.

Next Sunday brings the final recording session (Allah willing) for the new album. The cover painting is done and drying in my studio/garage/crap storage area, so I'll try and get a sample of that to you soon to enjoy. We're discussing what sort of goodies to offer at our CD release party (hopefully in January) - jerseys? Comics? Bottle openers? Randy's Homemade Ketchup? Actual CDs that you can hold and listen to in your car instead of reading about on this blog?

What would you like?

Drop us a line at dave@screamingmimes.com and let us know.

Cheerios!

Dave

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment