« Home | Nov. 18th » | stinky mic stands » | Wall of shame » | It's that time of year again ! » | Rebuke the uke? » | I've been working tonight on some of the guitar pa... » | It begins » 

Thursday, October 20, 2005

filling up the hard drive...

So, we got some stuff on "tape" last night!

Austin and Randy worked tirelessly to finish setting up everything Tuesday (the 18th) evening and Wednesday we managed to get a few sounds down on the hard drive - which was GREAT! After getting everyone's headphones set and a few adjustments, we played through Twister several times. The intial playback was incredible - drums sounded crisp and clear and the bass was very powerful. Luckily for me my guitar will be replaced... I lost my mind several times during the song. One take had me going straight for the last chorus and skipping the entire middle of the song.
We went through Superdave several times as well but couldn't quite get it entirely nailed down. What started out as a tight, punchy performance eventually slid too loose as the night went on. We agreed to take another look at it next time.
I'll leave it to Randy & Austin to explain the technical side of the recording - what/how/why... pictures are coming...

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment