« Home | Go Mime Yourself » | Horns of Plenty » | Trouble Brewin'? Pass me some! » | SuperDave IS super ! Again ? » | Pretty darn soon now » | There can't be much more... can there? » | Harmonicas & Ukuleles » | Dribbling on myself... » | Life amongst the hermit crabs... » | Peace & Love & Randy » 

Thursday, October 04, 2007

I'm Multi-tasking!

Right now Randy is editing the final vocals for "Pretty Soon Now"... pretty damn exciting. It took some doing to get into the headspace for the song... it's a letter to someone and getting the right "voice" for each verse was challenging. Lot of up & down dynamics... this song has such deep undercurrents of sadness for me beneath the happy chimey melodies.

The third take was definitely the best. I managed to sing each take pretty differently. The dynamics on the first one were pretty flat. By the second one I knew what I wanted to do. The moments of funeral-esque quiet into the massive-big-huge-angels-from-on-high started to come through.

Randy is doing some neat editing tricks - double tracking some sections of the bridge, fixing the occassional bum note (yes, it's true, I'm not perfect)...

He did his backup vocal pretty quickly too, which is cool because he hadn't sung it before. Right into the fire, baby.

Uh oh, that line sucked. Whew, there was a good take.

I should probably stop typing and pay attention.

Dave

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment