« Home | Indian giver » | Double shocker... » | Viper Charmers » | A weasel is chewing my face, Madam » | I love Butterfingers and I love--love. Dave, you'r... » | Look OUT!!! » | I left my watch behind... » | Timing ..... is Everything ! » | filling up the hard drive... » | Nov. 18th » 

Monday, December 19, 2005

Hooray!

Just a rehearsal on the 15th... which was actually pretty tough! First we went through "She's Waiting" and reaquainted with it. Been a LONG time since that one - maybe June. We picked up where we left off and tweaked a few things. This song has a nice Beatles/Byrds vibe and I think Randy is going to knock it outta the park on the album. I wrote this one for him last year in a time of strife... I can't wait to hear it on record and show off some more 12-string Rickenbacker licks!

Next was our first Reds song, "The Big Show". I wrote this the day before (Wednesday the 14th) in a fit of creativity after working on a demo for "Three Cheers Cincinnati". Fast rocker about the moment of acheiving the dream of reaching the Majors. All the players I talk to pinpoint that moment as the greatest of their career. The work and sweat that leads up to that moment where you step up to your first Major League at-bat. We dove right in and had it pumping right away. Came up with some great ideas for a bridge too... can't wait for this one.

"Three Cheers Cincinnati" turned out to be much harder than we originally expected. The song has a moderate "bouncy" feel that we'll have to tweak. The song was written by me from lyrics by Jim Farmer, the resident baseball nut. They tell the story of the Reds championship ways from the beginning to the future... it's a long song and different from most of our tunes. This will be a challenge but we're all game.

Dave

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment