« Home | Look OUT!!! » | I left my watch behind... » | Timing ..... is Everything ! » | filling up the hard drive... » | Nov. 18th » | stinky mic stands » | Wall of shame » | It's that time of year again ! » | Rebuke the uke? » | I've been working tonight on some of the guitar pa... » 

Thursday, November 10, 2005

I love Butterfingers and I love--love. Dave, you're pining for fall struck a chord with me since I've recently moved to the "country". I never really thought of Independence as being that far out from the city, but I guess it's far enough. Because of the lack of city lights, you can really see the stars, and it's really dark at night. In addition to that, living amongst the hills filled with trees gave us opportunity to really watch the leaves change this year. It wasn't a particularly great year for color, but what I saw was spectacular.

Anyway, it sucks that we couldn't get together last night. The last 2 nights of recording have gone really well, I think. It seems like we're letting the songs mature rather than just laying down tracks. We've had a chance to really listen to each other in a way we haven't done before. Who knew Randy was doing so much cool stuff?

It's much better recording with Jim in the same room with us as opposed to the segmented rooms we used before. It has much more of a "feel" than the last recording did because of that. What can I say, the rythym section likes to stick together!

I wish we didn't have to work our real jobs so we could just do this all the time. Is there anyone out there who wants to pay us a lot of money to play? Dave will write a song for you...

See you guys next week.

By the way, Caroline was fine--thanks for the concern Rando


- Preston

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment