« Home | Hooray! » | Indian giver » | Double shocker... » | Viper Charmers » | A weasel is chewing my face, Madam » | I love Butterfingers and I love--love. Dave, you'r... » | Look OUT!!! » | I left my watch behind... » | Timing ..... is Everything ! » | filling up the hard drive... » 

Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas Eve Eve Eve...

WOW! What a difference a week makes. After a quick ceremonial breeze through "Christmastime" we started work on "Three Cheer Cincinnati", the Reds song. We nailed it. Changed the chord progression a bit in the verse (from a straight A to an A/D/A/D rhythm) and it made all the difference. Jim attacked it hard, Preston drove it all the way. Randy and I banged out the guitars like a couple of punk poppers. This song went from code blue to "a million jillion billion times better" immediately. Thank goodness. I had a new bridge to throw in as well which seemed to work well. We'll record this very soon here and get a sample available to the public - can't WAIT for you to hear it!
Next was refining "Big Show" - even better. Jim worked hard to keep it at the arm-busting tempo. If we can get the bridge the way we want it (secret overdubs) then it will ROCK! I did a lot of crazy wanking on the solo - great song to cut loose on. I almost hear some piano banging on this one... hmmm....

Have a great holiday. I know Christmas came early for us - we got these songs DOWN!

Dave

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment