« Home | Christmas Eve Eve Eve... » | Hooray! » | Indian giver » | Double shocker... » | Viper Charmers » | A weasel is chewing my face, Madam » | I love Butterfingers and I love--love. Dave, you'r... » | Look OUT!!! » | I left my watch behind... » | Timing ..... is Everything ! » 

Thursday, December 29, 2005

squack!

Today Randy & I laid down my guitar bits for "Twister" & "Superdave" - loads of fun. Yesterday (my birthday!) I spent a few hours putting together 12-string parts for "Superdave", particularly the "ride-out" ending. Awesome, indulgent fun. Used setting 5a on the POD with a treble boost. Betcha glad you know that.
So we stuck the Vox amp in a booth and cranked it up to the unholy volume levels of hell. Seemed to be holding up. Best amp purchase I've ever made. I think it was $70 back in '99. Heh heh...
For "Superdave" we ran a mic cable allllll the way down the end of the hall in front of the audio booth and opened the door just to catch a little extra natural echo. We'll mix 'em together and see how it all comes out.
"Twister" was tough for me. I can play that song backwards and forwards but playing it ABSOLUTELY perfectly took a little doing. It was so easy to mess up little chords here and there... but eventually we got it all down. Struggled with the 16th note solo Em run - yikes... but with some gentle encouragement from Randy we finally got it down. I'll never play it cleaner.
Next week we'll try and record some more. New Year starts this weekend!

Dave

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment