« Home | Happy New...! Oh wait... » | Christmastime is Almost Here! » | Mixin' it up... » | Recording-palooza » | Hello blogger my old friend... » | I approved this message... » | L-uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh-ve » | Ducks uncovered... » | Do re me fossil... » | I could do that... » 

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

HOLY MOLY ! Almost a YEAR ?

Wow ... I can't believe I haven't taken the time to just jot down a few notes here and there to give you all a look see through someone else's eyes other than Dave. He is such a work horse ... he truly never sleeps ! Certainly the driving force behind the Mimes in all aspects. Gotta love spirits like that.

Anyway, I read my last blog posting back in March of 2006 ... so much has happened since then. Life is certainly movin' along. I was really hoping to have an album out by now ... so was everyone else I'm sure ... but life's road just hasn't aloud that to happen for us just yet. The last album took us 18 months ... we are in our 15th month with this one ... AAAaarrrgh !

Can't really pin point why either. We all have our lives to deal with ... most everyone has children under 10 except for me ... mine is in college and almost through with it at that. A sound job here, Red's games there, Butler County Fair week every year, summer vacations, rehearsals for upcoming gigs, illness, recitals, birthdays, holidaze, work & home priorities ... these things add up. And when you can only do one night a week ... two at best ... you just can only do so much. Ear fatigue sets in very quickly as well. I can't tell you how many times we'd have to go back to the drawing board and re-do something because of ear fatigue ... usually MY ears. We REALLY went into this project ready to do it too. And with our friend Austin's help, we did tracking in record time. Austin did a wonderful job with keeping us on target with performance levels and enthusiasm. So, obviously, if we did this as a living, time issues would've been different.

Well ... enough of trying to figure out the obvious. As I look back, this has been and will be absolutely the highlight of my musical career to date. Being able to do something like this with your best buds ... can't get any better than that. It certainly keeps you young ... even if it's just at heart :-)

So ... my goal for the next few weeks, is to post my views about each song from behind the mixing console. Our triumphs, our failures, our surprises, our mistakes turned golden ... whatever I can remember about recording the song, I'll do my best to paint the picture and make you feel like you were there. If not, I just hope to make it worth your time reading it.

Braving the "ICE DEATH of '07"
Randy
All Things Mime

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment