« Home | The Beginning - Twister » | HOLY MOLY ! Almost a YEAR ? » | Happy New...! Oh wait... » | Christmastime is Almost Here! » | Mixin' it up... » | Recording-palooza » | Hello blogger my old friend... » | I approved this message... » | L-uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh-ve » | Ducks uncovered... » 

Saturday, April 07, 2007

This is Pat.



Every once in a while something so totally cool happens that my brain just implodes for a while. Yesterday around 11 my phone at work rings...
"This is Dave."

(Growly voice, cigarettes & Jersey accent)
"This is Pat."

"Uh..."

"Pat Dinizio."

Wow. Just calling me up, no big whoop. I had contacted him earlier regarding the show we're playing with The Smithereens in a few weeks... and now I was stuttering & struggling to put together a cohesive sentence. In the span of the conversation we discussed their new album (awesome, by the way - pick it up now!), baseball history (no crazies in the game anymore)... just casual cool chit chat you'd have with someone you meet in a bar or in line to a concert. It ends with "look me up after the show" - holy sheet. Yessir, Mr. Dinizio... I'll track you down.
Okay, enough jibber jabber. I'm going to listen to "Blue Period" and try and calm my innner fan-boy down to normal operating levels...


E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment