« Home | Like the morning dew hanging off a cantalope... » | squack! » | Christmas Eve Eve Eve... » | Hooray! » | Indian giver » | Double shocker... » | Viper Charmers » | A weasel is chewing my face, Madam » | I love Butterfingers and I love--love. Dave, you'r... » | Look OUT!!! » 

Monday, January 09, 2006

Meedlee meedlee meedlee MEEEEEEEEEE!

That's the sound of doing guitar solo over and over and over and over... and over.

Saturday (1-7-06) I worked on my guitar parts in front of the fireplace. A nice setting. Switched between four guitars. My main Rickenbacker 330, my 12 string Rickenbacker 330, my Miller Lite Fender (thanks Jennifer!) and my Surfcaster. Each guitar has a nice unique character and I tried to apply it to every part. The Surfaster has a very "sharp" sound so I saved it for a lot of rapid accents (The Big Show) and guitar solos - it cuts through nicely. The Rickenbacker is thick and creamy, so it did the majority of the rhythm on "Three Cheers Cincinnati" - big crunching chords with lots of space. The Fender added some spice in little solo bits here and there. The 12 string hit the bridges and chorus with it's distinctive chime. I started using the POD first then switched to the PODXT to get my custom "Dave tone" that I use. Found a nice Tremelo effect and some other noises for "The Big Show". Pulled out the keys and added some quiet chords to both songs (I hate searching for synth tones) and frantically banged out a piano part on "The Big Show".

Now I've done the shopping and brought the groceries to Randy - it's up to him to chop it and throw it in the stew the way he likes. :)

Dave

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment