« Home | Meedlee meedlee meedlee MEEEEEEEEEE! » | Like the morning dew hanging off a cantalope... » | squack! » | Christmas Eve Eve Eve... » | Hooray! » | Indian giver » | Double shocker... » | Viper Charmers » | A weasel is chewing my face, Madam » | I love Butterfingers and I love--love. Dave, you'r... » 

Saturday, January 28, 2006

TGI F_IDAYS!

Wednesday we had our first show in a while. A benefit organized by our good friend Mike Sparke to raise money for Dystonia research. GREAT turnout. We entertained acoustically (minus Jim, who gets nervous without his bass drum) and played a couple of new tunes for the crowd. I had guitar problems so all my majestically rehearsed guitar solos went in the trash. Sorry to all my rabid fans who were looking for me rip it up on the Elvis guitar. I owe you one.
It was nice to play for such a friendly crowd and by the end everyone seemed to really be getting into it. We played "I Don't Need Anything" which we haven't done in 2 years! Yowza.
Before the show, early in the AM I was on Fox19 to promote the event and played "Wedding Day". Tried to cut it down for time and ended up flubbing a line. I don't think anyone noticed besides you. Now the secret is out. They are very supportive down there at the station and we'll probably be back in the near future.
The Reds project is picking up steam... we're finalizing artwork, lineup... all the tracks submitted have been incredible.
Once these Reds tracks are done we'll work on finishing two tracks to submit for MidPoint Music Fest and start recording again. We've also got a big show coming up at the Southgate House in February. I'm off to LA this week to soak up some sun.
Cheers!

Dave

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment